Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

seriously?


so, i had a nice meeting this evening and i was feeling pretty good about myself.  i'm on my way home and i head down to the subway to catch my train.  i pass a guy who immediately looks familiar and i realize that we dated (back in 1998) for about a year or so.  we make eye contact and i realize that he does not remember me!  i repeat: we dated for a year or so and he does not remember me!  i was too embarrassed to say anything.  the train comes and i decide to get into his car thinking that it will click in for him any second and we will have a funny little chat. "omigoodness, gina?  is that you?  i didn't even recognize you!"  nope.  nothing.  nada.  is it just me or would this bother anyone?  i was at once hurt, but also it made me laugh.  it was quite sobering actually.  nothing will make you feel like a million bucks more than you simply disappearing from an ex's memory.

luckily, i went home to my loving husband who had dinner waiting.  he found the story hilarious.


*bunny from anthropologie.  sold out.


No comments:

Post a Comment