Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

my weekend

view from the BK bridge
my mom and my nephew came into town this weekend.  it was so busy and nice.  they got in thursday evening and after my italian class we walked around the neighborhood and got some dinner.  every time my mom is here i push her to walk and walk.  she walked so much this trip and did such a good job.

for my bday J had given me a ticket to see one of my favorite plays on broadway for friday night and it just so happened that one of my dearest friends, mary, also had a ticket.  we met up with my family at a restaurant in manhattan and then mary and i hustled off the to the show.  this play was simply amazing.  i had fallen in love with it when i read it years ago and the female lead is a role i would die to play.  Carey Mulligan and Bill Nighy are nothing short of brilliant.  really.  i cried so much that the gentleman next to me asked if i was okay.  he was so sweet and very concerned.  ha!  i want to see this again so badly and i want J to see it as well.  heartbreakingly wonderful.  i needed to decompress after that emotional journey so mary and i had a glass (or two) of wine after to discuss.  i love sitting in a bar talking about art.  it sounds so pretentious, but discussing the ride you just took after watching theatre that is so fulfilling makes me so happy.

my "plate" of BBQ
saturday J and i took my mom and nephew for a marathon walk.  we walked to BK Heights and across the BK bridge.  my mom had always wanted to walk the bridge, but she has always been so nervous to do it.  well, this time we got her up there and she loved it!  it was a gorgeous day too.  after the bridge we went down to the park and sat in the shade while i ate ice cream. ;-)  from there they were starving so we headed to Hill Country for some good ol' BBQ.

the family left on sunday so J and i decided to walk around a bit and have some lunch and try the newest ice cream addition to our neighborhood.  MilkMade is delicious!  i got the pretzel ice cream and J got the macaroon.  even J, who is normally more reserved in his feelings about food, was in love with this place.  i have a feeling we will be fast friends with all who work there.  as a side note: i have been out to ice cream three times this week.  not good.  not good at all.

pretzel ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment