Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

my weekend

this was such a beautiful holiday weekend.  i had originally wanted to go away, but J convinced me that staying in town was a much better idea.  he was right.

friday was so low key.  after the gym i came home and we cooked dinner and relaxed.  saturday had us out and about enjoying the day.  we had a beer at our favorite beer bar in the neighborhood and then had dinner at one of my most favorite restaurants.  this place makes me so happy and every time i have been it has been an amazing experience.  we were so lucky to get last-minute reservations!



sunday was my birthday and i started off by going to the gym.  i figured i should start my new year as strongly as possible, right?  J made a fantastic breakfast and then we went for a walk.  for the past few years it's been a tradition to get Blue Bottle coffee on my birthday.  love their coffee!  we walked to their store in our neighborhood and we both got the iced New Orleans.  and then J dropped his.  they were so nice in the store and immediately gave him another one, but i could not stop laughing.



we walked back home and after a few minutes of being back the doorbell started to ring.  J surprised me by having a bunch of our friends come by for cheese and wine and cake!  it was so wonderful and it was such a fun-filled afternoon.  i love these people so much.  plus, i got to have cake for breakfast on monday.  ;-)

we managed to eat half of this huge cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment