Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

dinner for one


josh is out with an old friend tonight which means i am home alone.  partay!  i love having josh around, don't get me wrong, but i firmly believe that time by yourself is healthy.  so, tonight i came home, put an old skirt on, blasted some radiohead and started dinner.  it's still a bit hot here so i didn't want to be over the stove for long.  i also wanted something on the lighter side since i would be dining alone.  josh is a skinny lad and i tend to cook a bit more when he's around.  he's a growing boy!  anyway, my app choice was made for me earlier today. a friend of mine has a large garden and he's always giving me stuff.  it's an awesome friendship.  he gives me food and i eat it.  it'll last forever.  today he gave me shiseido peppers.  this is the first time i've had them this season and i am back, baby!  these peppers are amazing.

see how green they are?  all you do is toss them in a hot pan with a little bit of olive oil.  let them brown on the outisde for a couple of minutes.  when browned in areas, remove from heat and put in a bowl.  sprinkle with kosher salt.

so, that was my app.  i then took the advice of my friend ben over at ben cooks everything and made some bruschetta.  chopped up some fresh plum tomatoes and let them sit with some minced garlic, torn basil, rosemary and oregano, salt and pepper and then drizzled it all with some good quality olive oil.  i put that on some nicely toasted sliced bread from a fresh baguette and topped with small slices of fresh mozzarella.  can i get a what what?!  it was just what i wanted.  i could have finished the baguette by myself, but i didn't.  i wanted to, but i didn't.

that picture is a bit blurry.  i apologize.  i was in a rush to eat and my camera was not cooperating.  i also ate in front of the tv.  stop judging me.

so now here's the bad news.  josh normally does dishes.  he's not here.  what's a gal to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment